9.04.2007

Bowden Bowl 07

I was watching the end of Florida State vs. Clemson last night formally referred to the Bowden Bowl since it entails father versus son as coaches of the respective teams. Clemson pulled off an upset basically but what caught me by surprise was what Tommy Bowden had to say in an interview immediately following the game. The reporter asked him how it felt to have his dad tell him he did a good job and his mood seemed to shift a bit and he said " It felt good because it doesn't happen very often!" I immediately was taken back by his response and just thought to myself how incredible it is that even between two superstars of coaches like the Bowdens, the same struggle exists that exists within so many of us! Just amazing... Here is a video I found on you tube that might give you a little insight into this fierce rivalry if you're not familiar with it.

No comments: