3.03.2008

Stuck!

What a great topic! Is there any better way to describe what I've felt inside for most of my life? I'm not sure. But I will speak honestly about this, right now I am most definitely stuck! I went to church for the first time in a long time this past Sunday and was really grateful for healthy kids because the service was amazing. The sermon was about surveying the Cross and understanding the need for the Cross. You know basically that thing called the Gospel! It was so refreshing to not hear 3 steps to a better marriage but in fact to hear what I need to hear daily, why I need Christ! One of the things that hit most closely to home for me was that I am here, on this planet, taking up the space I do, breathing the air I breathe, for no other reason than to worship and serve my Saviour! What a good reminder! And to be honest that has always come easy for me because I have always, going back to my earliest childhood memories, thought that I wanted to do nothing but be used by God. I never had any desire to be a doctor or lawyer or fireman like most children dream about. Instead I would dream about making a difference for Christ and changing and impacting my world in some great fashion! So there in part lies being stuck, cause how do I do that? What does that look like? What does it involve? I have never heard a sermon teach me that, or give me the keys to a business that would produce that! Nevertheless, I am trying to remain faithful. I am trying to remind myself that on this journey of mine, I am not making a path but simply following one that has already been carved out for me. I just wish I could see a little farther down the road! Thanks, I'm Josh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i THINK WE ALL FEEL THIS WAY AT TIMES. THE COOL THING IS WHEN WE RECOGNIZE IT, WE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS CONTINUE TO SEARCH FOR HOW WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IT MAY BE JUST BEING A GODLY MAN OR PARENT SO OTHERS SEE JESUS JUST IN OUR EVERYDAY LIVING. IT MAY BE SHOWING COMPASSION AND LOVE TO SOMEONE LESS FORTUNATE THAN US. GOD IS ABSOLUTELY CRAZY ABOUT US AND JUST WANTS A RELATIONSHIP WITH US. UNDERSTANDING WHO AND WHAT WE WERE PUT ON THIS CRAZY PLACE CALLED EARTH IS HALF THE BATTLE. ALSO, REALIZING THAT THIS PLACE IS NOT OUR FINAL DESTINATION CAN MAKE ALL OUR FEELINGS OF "BEING STUCK" TOLERABLE.

Free Spirit said...

wow! the eternal frustration of loving God, but not knowing what exactly to do about it. I've been there. If you like good books, check out this one: The Shack. Since you don't know me, look it up first online, so you don't think I'm some weird freak soliciting trash: theshackbook.com It has forever changed the way I think about God as Father. Another great book: So You Don't Want To Go To Church Anymore. Been a committed christian since age 7; nothing has given me more clarity than these 2 books.

Anonymous said...

how do you do that? i believe you do it as a fireman, a doctor, a sound guy, a dad, a luggage handler, a friend. the beauty of it is that you get to pick! God's placed desires in your heart so you can live out his plan by following them.