3.21.2008

Last night

The last few night since I have come back from Japan have been hard because I have been waking up at like 1:30 in the morning and not being able to go back to sleep for several hours. So last night I just sat there in bed thinking about all sorts of stuff. Those nights are the roughest for me, because I am a thinker and its very hard for me to turn my brain off. I lay there just rambling in my head for hours and struggling to figure out whats going on and why I can't sleep. I few weeks ago I had an amazing oppertunity to catch up with a friend that I love and care about deeply! He and I hung out on a Sunday evening and ended up at a local spot talking over a couple of pints. I love these types of experiences where there is no b.s. and substance of conversation just flows like a great waterfall. That probably doesn't make sense for most people but for me there is no greater joy than being able to exist in community and live out of honesty with brothers. I left that meeting with a lot on my heart and spirit and was greatly encouraged and after last night's sleepless night, I find myself asking my Father to give me a vision for what it would look like if I saw other people as He saw them. What would it look like for me love other people like He loves and for me to love my kids and wife the way He does. I thought about that a lot last night as I lay awake in my bed. Anyways, I am sorry for the lack of continuity this post provides because even now my thoughts are scrambled and it is difficult to really pin myself down.

No comments: