3.19.2007

Like a child

Ever since the birth of my kids, I have had some special new sense to the world around me and the interaction of kids in that world. One of the things that has especially be breaking my heart is how many times I have witnessed parents over correcting and yelling at their kids because of a mistake or accident that they have made. Over and over I see this and immediately feel all sorts of discomfort and can see the fear and anxiety all over the children's faces. Honestly, this puts me in a rough spot because I almost want to go over and save that kid from the wrath of his or her parents and let them know that it is ok and that they are still loved and cherished. These situations have consistently reminded me of how Christ loves me and how in complete disregard to what I do and to my mistakes, He continues to bend over and pick me back up and affirm in me that I am loved and cherished. This beautiful picture brings me to tears to think about how intimately and compassionately Christ loves me. I know that with my kids, I want them to feel loved so much more than anything else. I want them to experience grace from me first and foremost and the last thing I want to do is demolish their spirits by over disciplining and over correcting for the smallest of mistakes or accidents. It is such a good thing to know that every time i mess up my Father is their to pick me up and dust off my shoulders and tell me that He still loves me and still is passionately pursuing me, celebrating with me when I am victorious.

1 comment:

Mark said...

i love this one. awesome. this kind of love & compassion you talk about has been found...but mostly in the kind of relationships that Samson has enabled. I'm so thankful.